A couple weeks ago I wrote a post about how I had to make an exhaust hanger out of a coat hanger because it would take too long to get an OEM replacement. Well, that car came back to the shop.
Even though I had supplemented my wire hanger with a generic rubber one, it was rattling, which I should’ve seen coming. The fix was pretty simple, and I should’ve thought of it the first time. I simply cut up some old transmission cooler hose I had laying around and it slid right onto the pegs on the exhaust. I just had to make the loops in the wire a little bigger, and the hose fit right in. Problem solved, and for free.
Mechanical Malarkey T-shirts, hats, and stickers are available to order!